I'm very excited to announce ESEA League Season 13, which will feature a new global
Invite division, new European divisions, League of Legends, and over $100,000 in cash prizes
. Season 13 will also feature a number of improvements based on user and team feedback from Season 12.
Registration for S13 is now open
and will remain so until Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 at 11:59pm CST
. Once registration closes there will be a few days for teams to get acquainted with the system and to schedule their first matches, which will begin Sunday, December 2nd, 2012. Regular season action will continue for two weeks before a three week break for the holidays, with matches resuming on Sunday January 6th, 2013.
Key Changes From Season 12 to Season 13:
Features of ESEA League include:
- Global CSGO Invite division, 12 NA & 12 EU teams, top 4 from each region meet on LAN for a $17,500 first place prize
- European Open divisions for both Counter-Strike 1.6 and CSGO
- League of Legends Open division, capped at 64 teams for our first season to make sure we get it right
- Increased number of League servers on new hardware to ease scheduling availability
There's almost too much good stuff here for one post
- Two matches per week for all divisions
- Every registered team will receive a free ESEA Voice server
- Complete web match scheduling
- SMS scheduling alerts
- All matches played on our ESEA servers across 11 global locations
- Protection from our industry leading anti-cheat / config locking Client
- Helpful team of handpicked paid league Admins who are active in each community
- Complete box scores and stats for EVERY match (just as we have for pugs and scrims)
- SpecTV replay downloads for every match within 5 minutes of matches finishing
- Automatic live SpecTV for every match (unlimited number of spectators)
- Automatic POV replay recording
- User prediction system for every match
- LAN event for all Invite division playoffs
- You build your permanent league record
, but I'll try and break it down. First, we're going huge with CSGO and taking the next step towards world domination with a globe spanning CSGO Invite division. We'll pick 12 North American teams and 12 European teams, they'll compete within their regions for the regular season, and the top 4 from each region will meet on LAN for over $35,000 in cash featuring $17,500 for first place. We're also bolstering our EU efforts with Open divisions for both CS 1.6 and CSGO.
Last but not least, we're taking another shot at a new game, and subbing in League of Legends for StarCraft II. We certainly learned a great deal with our foray into SC2, wish that community nothing but the best, and look forward to a much better showing as we strive to come up with something really cool for LoL. While this in no way means we've shut the door on games like Dota 2, we feel that there's a tremendous opportunity to build out the amateur level of LoL with a consistent and well supported online league. We also expect to be able to announce a few surprises for our LoL division
within the coming weeks, more info to come.
Team move ups and move downs, a full prize pot breakdown, as well as the map rotations will be announced within the coming weeks so be sure and check back often.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SEASON 13