ESEA REFERRAL PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These ESEA Referral Program Terms and Conditions (“Program Terms”) are a binding legal agreement between you and ESL Gaming Online, Inc. (“EGO”). Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to EGO. By using a referral link, applying for compensation or otherwise participating in referring potential ESEA users, you agree to and are subject to these Program Terms.
The ESEA Referral Program ("Program") is open to individuals who are:
- Of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside,
- Current subscribers of ESEA,
- Not banned at the time of the referral or at the time of redemption,
- Are not using a commercial account or a representative (e.g., employee, agent) of a commercial customers, and
- We reserve the right to restrict or prohibit participation by employees and contractors of EGO and any affiliated companies and partners.
EGO reserves the right to disqualify any Referral Program participant at any time, for any reason or no reason.
To be eligible to receive a referral reward, you must meet all of the following Program Requirements.
- The person being referred must use your referral link and/or a referral code associated with your account. If the referral does not use your link and/or code, you will not earn a referral reward.
- The person you refer must not be an existing customer of ESEA and must never have purchased a subscription from ESEA. The referred account must purchase a subscription within a reasonable time of the date the referral was made active. EGO will decide what is reasonable in its sole discretion.
- The person you refer must not try to open multiple accounts. If that happens, you will not earn a referral reward for any of the accounts.
- Your account must be active (meaning that you are a current subscriber of ESEA) and in good standing, as determined by EGO in its sole discretion, at the time of the referral and at the time you redeem your balance.
You may not do any of the following in connection with the Referral Program and your referrals:
- Advertise through purchasing internet search terms or participating in an ad buying network, or otherwise advertise through any medium that does not fall under the following categories: personal social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), personal streaming/video accounts (Youtube, Twitch), personal websites, or other personal profiles you hold electronically (Steam, game profiles).
- Use any redirect in connection with your referral link.
- Compensate or accept any compensation from anyone you refer to EGO.
- Open an account on behalf of a referral.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations, including anti-spam and anti-text laws.
- Use any third party or any automated means to communicate with potential referrals.
- Impersonate EGO or imply that you are affiliated with or endorsed by EGO, including by indirect means.
In order to claim your referral rewards you must have a current balance of at least 50.00 USD and must not have requested received a reward payment in the last 30 days. If you let your ESEA account lapse (as defined by not having an active subscription for a period of 90 days) before you claim any earned rewards, you forfeit the entire balance of earned rewards.
To claim your rewards, you must open a new "Referral Redemption" support ticket
. You may be required to fill out a tax form in order to receive your payment. (If you'd like to get a step ahead, fill out and attach the appropriate IRS form below and provide it when opening your ticket.)
For US Residents - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
For CALIFORNIA Residents (In addition to form W9 above) - https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2015/15_590.pdf
For Non-US Residents claiming as an individual - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
(Instructions - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf
)For Non-US Residents claiming as a company/entity - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8bene.pdf
All payments are currently made via Paypal only. In order to get paid, you must include your Paypal account information in your support ticket. Payments will usually be processed within 60 business days. Following your receipt of a referral balance payment, the next time you are able to redeem is 30 days from the date you are paid, not from the date you requested payment. EGO reserves the right to change its payment method without modifying these Program Terms. In that case, we will inform you of the change using whatever contact information you have associated with your account.
If we reasonably believe that you have abandoned your account and your earned rewards, the reward may be subject to forfeiture or any other disposition allowed by California law.
Please note that you cannot use your referral balance to purchase Premium access. Referrals may not be combined with any other offer from EGO.
EGO reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the Referral Program at any time, with or without notice, including changing referral reward amounts. Such changes will be effective immediately unless a different effective date is stated.
You are not a EGO employee. Neither you nor EGO intend to establish an employment relationship and you are not entitled to any benefits.
Prior Referral Program
These Program Terms replace all earlier versions of the Referral Program.
Last Updated: October 11, 2019